The goals of On River Time are:
- To provide a positive recreational outlet for children who are in need.
- To empower children to realize their own strengths through learning a new skill and conquering a new challenge.
- To introduce the sport of fly-fishing to a new generation.
- To encourage young people to unplug and pursue a physical activity outdoors.
- To expose children to positive adult role models and mentors
- To provide an appreciation for nature and fish conservation.
- To allow time for children and parents or guardians to interact away from everyday distractions.
- To support nonprofits serving abused and neglected children by expanding the range of recreational activities available.
- To partner with nonprofits and provide funds for counseling and other support services.